In some circumstances, you may request to be anonymous or to use a pseudonym. For example, if you’re worried about disclosing personal details to the group, you can choose to participate in our online Membership using an alias.
Personal Information We Collect
The types of personal information we collect may include:
- Name, date of birth, address(es), contact numbers, email address and other contact details;
- Demographic data such as age and location;
- Transaction data (including details about payments to and from you and other details of products you have purchased from us);
- Technical data (including your internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access our website);
- Profile data (including your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses);
- Usage data (including information about how you use our website, products and services); and
- Marketing and communications data (including your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences).
We may collect the above types of personal information from people including website visitors, email subscribers, social media fans, employment applicants, potential clients and service providers.
We may also collect the following sensitive information:
- Health information, including your history of alcohol consumption and mental health history;
- Details of other health service providers involved in your care (e.g. doctor’s name, phone and address);
- Next of kin details (including name and contact details such as phone number)
We usually will only collect sensitive information from clients we are providing services to, or potential clients who have requested our services.
How We Collect Personal Information
We are committed to using lawful and fair means to collect personal information and collecting it from others only when it is unreasonable or impracticable to obtain certain information from our clients directly.
We may collect personal information in a number of ways:
- When someone visits our website;
- When someone makes an enquiry with us (for example, by telephone or email);
- When someone purchases a product or service from us;
- When someone signs up to a marketing subscription, such as a newsletter sign-up form;
- When someone contacts us via email, our website or via social media such as Facebook or Instagram;
- When someone completes a new client sign-up form; and
- When someone participates in our membership or services.
We collect sensitive information in more limited circumstances, such as:
- When someone makes an enquiry with us and the sensitive information is disclosed to us to assess suitability for our services;
- When someone makes an enquiry with us and the sensitive information is disclosed to us to facilitate referral to an appropriate service provider; or
- When someone participates in our membership or services and the sensitive information is disclosed to us to facilitate the delivery of the service.
We limit the circumstances in which we collect personal and sensitive information indirectly. This may be where a person has authorized us to collect information from other health service providers they have disclosed information to (for example, information provided via referral or medical reports).
A cookie is a small text file that’s placed on your computer to help us remember your preferences, like your login information or location. Cookies are used for a variety of reasons.
How We Hold and Protect Personal Information
We store all personal information we collect electronically, including on or within:
- Cloud-based servers which support the backend of our website
- Cloud-based servers which support our community platforms
- Cloud-based servers which support the backend of our social media accounts, such as Facebook and Instagram
- Cloud-based servers which support our mailing list database
- Cloud-based servers which support analytics software we use
- Cloud-based servers which support our digital document storage
- On SIM cards or mobile devices (call history and text message data only)
We are committed to ensuring that the personal information we hold is secure and protected from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We undertake the following precautions to protect personal information we hold:
- our website contains pages encrypted with SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) to ensure the safety of any data that is submitted through use of this website;
- we limit access to personal information to a “need-to-know” basis;
- the backend of our website and social media accounts is password protected;
- we protect devices we use to collect, hold, use and disclose personal information with industry-standard anti-virus software;
- our devices are protected by passwords and are stored in secure premises;
- data is securely stored on cloud servers;
- all conversations involving the discussion of personal information take place in private, where conversations are unable to be overheard by unauthorised personnel; and
- if we no longer need personal information, we take reasonable steps to delete or de-identify the information.
We take extra precautions to protect sensitive information, including:
- all sensitive information is held in secure storage systems protected by passwords;
- we limit access to sensitive information to a “need-to-know” basis;
- we protect devices we use to collect, hold, use and disclose sensitive information with industry-standard anti-virus software;
- our devices are protected by passwords and are stored in secure premises;
- data is securely stored on cloud servers;
- all hard copies of sensitive information are kept in secure storage with access by authorised personnel only; and
- all conversations involving the discussion of sensitive information take place in private, where conversations are unable to be overheard by unauthorised personnel.
If a data breach occurs involving personal information and the breach is likely to cause harm, we will notify the individual as soon as possible after the occurrence in accordance with our obligations under the Privacy Act and related legislation.
Why We Collect, Hold, Use and Disclose Personal Information
We collect, hold, use and disclose personal information as is reasonably necessary for us to operate our business and provide our services, including for the following purposes:
- to contact and communicate with clients and potential clients;
- for the purpose of booking and delivering our coaching services and products;
- to deliver digital and physical products;
- to ensure we are the right fit for clients;
- to ensure the accurate and safe provision of services;
- to communicate with other healthcare providers involved in a person’s care;
- to conduct activities relating to research, quality assurance and improvement processes, accreditation, audits, risk and claims management, client satisfaction surveys and staff education and training;
- to market to you and others, including remarketing (this may involve the use of a Facebook pixel or similar technology to allow us to display our advertising to you elsewhere on the internet, for example, on Google or Facebook);
- when required for administrative and internal record keeping for a minimum of 7 years after our last contact;
- for statistical purposes; and
- as required by law.
We only collect, hold, use and disclose sensitive information where it is necessary for us to provide a service we have been engaged to perform, and not for any unrelated purposes (for example, for research or marketing), unless we have received the person’s prior informed consent.
We do not disclose personal information to overseas recipients.
We never sell or rent personal or sensitive information we collect.
Requests to Access, Correct or Delete Information
You can request details of personal information that we hold about you in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the Act). We may refuse to provide you with information that we hold in certain circumstances set out in the Act. Otherwise, we will provide access to the information if it is reasonable and practicable to do so. In most cases we will do this free of charge, but if your request requires significant effort or expense on our part, we might ask for compensation for that.
If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us using the details set out below.
We will endeavour to promptly correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete, or out of date and to notify of the correction, unless it is impracticable or unlawful to do so.
If you want us to delete personal information we hold about you or to not collect information from you for a specific purpose, please contact us using the details set out below.
Please note that if we agree to delete information, because of backups and records of deletions, it may be impossible to completely delete the information without retaining some residual information.
We will respond to any request to access, correct or delete information within a reasonable time.
We like to keep our customers and website visitors up to date, so from time to time we will send you newsletters, invitations and updates. Not to worry: our emails will always come with an “Unsubscribe” button, so you can opt out at any time. To unsubscribe from our email database, or opt out of communications, use the “Unsubscribe” button in our communication or contact us using the details set out below.
If you have a concern about the management of your personal information, please contact Jennifer Clements or Lucy Quick at email@example.com. We can also provide you with a copy of the Australian Privacy Principles, which describe your rights and how your personal information should be handled, on request.
If unsatisfied with our response, you may lodge a formal complaint about the use of, disclosure of, or access to, your personal information, with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner by phone on 1300 363 992, online at http://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/making-a-privacy-complaint or by post to: Office of the Australian Information Commissioner, GPO Box 5218, Sydney, NSW 2001.
Changes to this policy
Information about us
Thrivalist Pty Ltd (ACN 651 216 376) is a registered business in Australia. For the purposes of these terms, “Us”, “Our” and “We” refers to Thrivalist and “You” and “Your” refers to you, the client, visitor, website user or person using our website.
Our services are NOT aimed at any person who suffers from a physical dependence on alcohol or any other medical conditions. If you are (or suspect that you may be) physically dependent on alcohol or are suffering from any other medical conditions, you must seek specific medical advice from a medical professional before reducing or stopping your alcohol intake.
Depending on your previous level of alcohol consumption, the physical consequences of stopping abruptly can be very serious. If you or someone you know needs more immediate support or treatment to reduce your alcohol intake, please contact your doctor or a healthcare professional.
The information provided by Thrivalist does not replace individual medical advice, one-on-one professional therapy, or any other type of traditional alcohol addiction support or therapy. Thrivalist is an additional support resource that may complement your other endeavours to reduce your consumption of alcohol.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. All our information on both the website and in our membership is intended to assist you and does not in any way, nor is it intended to substitute professional, financial or legal advice. You must be over 18 years of age to use this website and to purchase any of our goods or services. Results are not guaranteed and Thrivalist takes no responsibility for your actions, choices or decisions.
While we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk. You need to make your own enquiries to determine if the information, products or services are appropriate for your intended use.
By using our services, you agree that Thrivalist is not to be held liable for any decisions you make based on any of our services or guidance and any consequences, as a result, are your own. Under no circumstances can you hold Thrivalist liable for any actions you take nor can you hold us or any of our employees liable for any loss or costs incurred by you as a result of any guidance, advice, coaching, materials or techniques used or provided by Thrivalist.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you may be able to link to other websites which are not under the control of Thrivalist. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those websites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Thrivalist takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
The terms and all issues regarding this website are governed by Australian law and all disputes will be determined exclusively in Australian Courts.
Amendment of terms
We reserve the right to change, modify, add or remove portions of these terms at any time. Please check these terms regularly prior to using our website to ensure you are aware of any changes. We will endeavour to highlight any significant or substantive changes to you where possible. If you choose to use our website then we will regard that use as conclusive evidence of your agreement and acceptance that these terms govern your and Thrivalist’s rights and obligations to each other.
Limitation of liability
It is an essential precondition to you using our website that you agree and accept that Thrivalist is not legally responsible for any loss or damage you might suffer related to your use of the website, whether from errors or from omissions in our documents or information, any goods or services we may offer or from any other use of the website. This includes your use or reliance on any third party content, links, comments or advertisements. Your use of, or reliance on, any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we will not be liable.
It is your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific, personal requirements. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Delivery of information
Please be aware there are inherent risks associated with downloading any software and digital information. Should you have any technical problems downloading any of the content of this website, please contact us so we may try to assist you.
Refusal of service
The services of Thrivalist are offered subject to our acceptance of your order or payment. We reserve the right to refuse service to any order, person or entity, without the obligation to assign reason for doing so. We may at any time change or discontinue any aspect or feature of the website or service, subject to us fulfilling our previous responsibilities to you based on acceptance of your payment.
Copyright, trademark and restrictions of use
This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance, trademarks and graphics. You are not permitted to reproduce the documents, information or materials on the website for the purposes of sale or the use by any third party. In particular you are not permitted to republish, upload, transmit electronically or otherwise or distribute any of the materials, documents or products that may be available for download from time to time on this website.
Thrivalist expressly reserves all copyright and trademark in all documents, information and materials on our website and we reserve the right to take action against you if you breach any of these terms. Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following: you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only. You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
Get In Touch
Fill in the form or send us an email and we will respond within 12 hours.